Can you mix competence on machine safety with unbeatable business acumen and customer-service orientation? Apply now!
Purpose of the role
As a Machinery Safety Consultant you will provide our clients with advise on all leading aspects of machinery safety.
You will be part of the European Omron Safety Service team for the Central Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Austria) region. Omron Safety Service Europe (OSSE) is a team of experienced professionals located in various countries across Europe, consisting of a wide range of personnel including Health and Safety Specialists, Technical Assessors, Design Engineers, Project Engineers and Project Managers.
We expect you to be based in your home-office in Germany; however, the job requires you to travel around Germany, Switzerland and Austria, and possibly Europe.
Duties & Responsibilities
The OSSE machinery safety consultant will be responsible for advising our customers on all leading all aspects of machinery safety, in particular:
- The main part of the job is in auditing the customer's machinery to assess legal and normative compliance, to asses risk levels related to the machine’s use, and to propose practical and safe remedial or corrective actions in compliance with European standards (conceptual safety designs);
- You work closely together with our OSSE colleagues (both safety consultants and safety project engineers);
- You pilot the safety projects in partnership with the local teams and our Omron safety solution partners;
- You visit customers and prepare quotations;
- You promote sale of safety services and solutions by working closely together with local Omron sales teams;
- You provide the necessary training to our customers, blending machine safety competence with our service and product solution portfolio.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor or University degree / Technician Training, preferably in Electrical Engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years industrial experience in the field of machine safety as a consultant, or as a safety specialist in an end-user organisation or within a machine builder (OEM);
- Industrial experience in site assessment projects for machine safety in, and the related processes and procedures in an industrial environment;
- You have a thorough knowledge of national and international regulations related to occupational and industrial risks, occupational safety and machine regulations;
- You are more than familiar with risk analysis methodologies (EN ISO 12100) and project management;
- Experience and knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic concepts;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to convert identifiable needs into conceptual solutions;
- Your colleagues see you as: self-driven, target-oriented, customer-minded, punctual and reliable, with high energy, having the ability to multi-task, and manage ever-changing priorities;
- You are a team player with strong interpersonal skills and you are also able to work independently; well-developed planning, organization and implementation skills;
- Fluent written and spoken German and English is required and additional languages would be beneficial;
- In possession of a drivers’ license; has ability to travel on a weekly basis to varying locations around Germany and possibly Europe.
- Work in a successful, sales-oriented, international company;
- Always the latest innovative technology;
- Coordination of activities from the home office;
- Performance-oriented income;
- Company car - also for private use;
- Development opportunities within the company.
If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, please apply through the application form including your resume and motivation letter. If you have any additional questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Gaetano Fusillo (recruitment_IAB@eu.omron.com).